Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 2 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 866.6 mbps
This is classified as a “Low-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from asus.com
- Modified the EULA for DDNS
- Added Privacy page in Advanced settings
- Fixed IPv6 bugs
- Suport multi-langue(UTF-8) network name. Windows XP and Windows 7 do not support UTF-8 format SSID. These two OS may see gibberish if using multi-language SSID.
- Fixed information disclosure vulnerability. Thanks to Haitan Xiang and Fand Wang.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5721 Stack-base buffer overflow vulnerability
- Fixed CVE-2018-8826 remote code code execution vulnerability. Thanks to Chris Wood.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5999 HTTP authorization bypass and CVE-2018-6000. An independent security researcher has reported this vulnerability to Beyond Security’s SecuriTeam Secure Disclosure program
- Fixed remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to David Maciejak of Fortinet’s FortiGuard Labs
- Fixed Time zone/DST issues.