Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from asus.com
- Support multi-language (UTF-8) network name. (Windows XP and Windows 7 do not support UTF-8 format SSID. These two OS may see gibberish if using multi-language SSID.)
- Improved system stability.
- Improved compatibility for IntelⓇ CentrinoⓇ 802.11ac card.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet’s FortiGuard Labs.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
- Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighttpd.
- Modified Quick Internet Setup wizard process.
- Main SSID and guest network can hide independently.
- Fixed AiCloud login issue.
- Fixed information disclosure vulnerability. Thanks to Haitan Xiang and Fand Wang.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5721 Stack-base buffer overflow vulnerability
- Fixed CVE-2018-8826 remote code code execution vulnerability. Thanks to Chris Wood.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5999 HTTP authorization bypass and CVE-2018-6000. An independent security researcher has reported this vulnerability to Beyond Security’s SecuriTeam Secure Disclosure program
- Fixed remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to David Maciejak of Fortinet’s FortiGuard Labs
- Fixed CVE-2017-14491: DNS - 2 byte heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14492: DHCP - heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14493: DHCP - stack based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14494: DHCP - info leak
- Fixed CVE-2017-14495: DNS - OOM DoS
- Fixed CVE-2017-14496: DNS - DoS Integer underflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-13704: Bug collision
- Fixed AiCloud 2.0 Reflected XSS Vulnerability. Thanks to Guy Arazi and Niv Levi contribution.
Thanks to Guy Arazi for following vulnerabilities.
- AiCloud 2.0 Stored XSS Share link manager.
- AiCloud 2.0 Reflected XSS - “share a link”
- Download Master HTTP service DoS vulnerability.
- Download Master Reflected XSS Main login.