This model has been Discontinued by D-Link. Consider upgrading to a different model!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 1 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 433.3 mbps
This is classified as a “Very-Low-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from dlink.com
2.06B01 BETA (2019-01-04)¶
- In November 2018, D-Link became aware of a 3rd Party security researcher that accused the DIR-860L Hardware Rev. Bx and DIR-818LW Series Hardware Revision Ax consumer routers of a remote command injection vulnerability. After an investigation, this vulnerability is only accessible via the local-network (LANside) of the router and not directly from the Internet (WAN-side) since it requires access to the web browser configuration of the router.
3rd Party Report:
- MinGeun Kim (pr0v3rbs _at_ kaist.ac.kr) https://github.com/pr0v3rbs/CVE/tree/master/CVE-2018-20114
- CVE-2018-20114 - Unauthenticated OS Command Injection
Includes Security Vulnerability Fix:
- Stack-based buffer overflow exploit - CVE-2016-5681 VU#332115 – Reported by Daniel Romero - NCC Group - Street: Calle Serrano Galvache Number: 56 Building: Abedul Floor: 4th, Madrid, 28033 For additional details please visit: http://supportannouncement.us.dlink.com/announcement/publication.aspx?name=SAP10063
- Closed a publicly disclosed potential vulnerability.
Fixed Security vulnerability:
- Revise Dynamic DNS UI description.
- Dynamic DDNS address can now be manually configured.
- Router will now change its IP address for LAN, Wireless LAN or Guest Zone interface to avoid IP conflicting with the one provisioned from ISP.
- Improve security on web interface
- Resolve Guest zone unable to be connected with WPA-mixed encryption.
- Resolve function improperly about “Routing between Zones” in the Guest zone page.
- Resolve schedule for Guest zone.
- DLNA is now enabled by default.