This model has been Discontinued by D-Link. Consider upgrading to a different model!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 2 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 866.6 mbps
This is classified as a “Low-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from dlink.com
- In November 2018, D-Link became aware of a 3rd Party security researcher that accused the DIR-860L Hardware Rev. Bx and DIR-818LW Series Hardware Revision Ax consumer routers of a remote command injection vulnerability. After an investigation, this vulnerability is only accessible via the local-network (LANside) of the router and not directly from the Internet (WAN-side) since it requires access to the web browser configuration of the router.
3rd Party Report:
- MinGeun Kim (pr0v3rbs _at_ kaist.ac.kr) https://github.com/pr0v3rbs/CVE/tree/master/CVE-2018-20114
- CVE-2018-20114 - Unauthenticated OS Command Injection
- Fix graphical authentication issue
Fixed Security vulnerabilities:
- HNAP Privilege Escalation
- Command Injection
- Improve Dynamic DNS functionality
- Resolve web UI bugs
- Update SSL library
- First release