This model has been Discontinued by D-link. Consider upgrading to a different model!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from dlink.com
- This release is to patch the WPA2 Key Reinstallation Attack (KRACK) Security Vulnerabilities affecting this product.
- HNAP stack overflow :: DIR-8xx Routers Affected : All Models have Remote Admin Disabled as Default For more detailed information, please visit: http://supportannouncement.us.dlink.com/announcement/publication.aspx?name=SAP10066
- The firmware version is advanced to v1.02.
- Set IPv6 default mode to link-local.
- Fixed the issue that UPnP cannot work correctly with DCS-942L.
- Fixed the language display issue while the language setting is Deutsch and German
- Fixed the LED behavior of DIR-879 in wireless router mode. Push WPS button and LED will turn into white and never change to solid orange while wireless function is disabled.
- Fixed the issue that when 2.4G Wi-Fi function is disabled, 5G SSID disappears.
- Fixed the issue that after changing from extender mode with static IP setting to router mode, IPv6 mode will change to link-local address mode automatically.
- Fixed the issue that when DHCP server IP address range is changed, the LAN PC IP address applied in the QOS rule list is not changed, which causes the QoS rules malfunction.
- Fixed the issue that IPv6 in IPv4 tunnel + obtain DNS automatically function, IPv6 DNS Server and IPv6 Network Assigned Prefix always display “not available”.
- Fixed the issue that home user can’t set the port setting of remote management to 80
- Fixed the issue that when the Guest Zone’s SSID format is invalid, no error message displays.
- Fixed the issue that when WAN interface has no IP, the routing between host zones and guest zone fails.
- Added wireless extender mode