This model has been Discontinued by D-link. Consider upgrading to a different model!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from dlink.com
- Can’t open yahoo UI
- Update Dnsmasq to version 2.78
- WPA2 security enhancement
- This release is to patch the WPA2 Key Reinstallation Attack (KRACK) Security Vulnerabilities affecting this product.
- The firmware version is advanced to v1.05.
- Fixed the issue that DIR-879 does not response when home user changed and saved wireless settings in wireless setting page via setup wizard
- Fixed the issue that QoS function doesn’t work as the pre-configuration of uplink and downlink speed.
- Fixed the issue that home user can’t connect to uplink router if the SSID format of uplink router contains special chars.
- Fixed the issue that home user can’t set SSID with special chars via setup wizard
- Fixed the issue that when restored configuration, the login password of the web management will be cleared.
- Fixed the issue that sometimes PPPoE daemon sends DIR-879’s LAN IP to PPPoE server in PPP IPCP configuration request.
- Fixed the issue that if home user modifies the 5G SSID via Wizard in router mode, It won’t be changed.
- Fixed the issue that if home user sets SSID with special characters via wizard, It will display wrong SSID in wizard summary page
- Fixed the issue that Existing network Wi-Fi SSID will display null if set SSID with special chars in wireless setting page
- Fixed the issue that the router can’t re-active the reserve IP when home user uploads the configuration file to the router
- Fixed the issue that LAN PC(s) cannot play multicast streams from WAN server via IPv6 MLD function.
- Fixed the issue that home user can’t set port 80 in remote management setting.
- Fixed the issue that in the condition of WAN IP doesn’t change in the original internet configuration. The DDNS status always displays ‘’disconnected’’ after home user re-initiate DDNS function.
- Fixed the issue that if SSID contains 6 or more special characters, the SSID will turn to default setting after home user save the configuration.
- Fixed the issue that DIR-879 can’t register hostname and IP to DDNS server.
- Fixed the issue that PPTP & L2TP password doesn’t support full type string
- Fixed the issue that the interface Identifier of WAN IPv6 address should expand from the MAC address of WAN interface, not the MAC address of LAN interface.
- Fixed the issue that after DIR-879 is applied with the new host name, home user can’t be redirected to web management page with the new host name.
- Fixed the issue that home user can’t use https://dlinkdouter.local to access to Web management page.
- Fixed the issue that IPv6 auto detection cannot work.
- Fixed the issue that the wireless SSID can be input with more than 32 characters.
- Fixed the issue that when DIR-879 has connection with uplink router, QRS mobile app does not display 5G setting in the setup flow.
- Fixed the issue that sometimes QRS mobile app can’t change repeater mode settings.
- Fixed the issue that the settings of guest zone 5G can’t be changed after home user disable smart connect. The settings of guest zone 5G will always the same with guest zone 2.4G.
- Fixed the issue that schedule rule for the time setting does not work.
- Fixed the issue that in home and QoS function page, UI menu displays incorrectly.
- Fixed the issue that IPv6 in IPv4 Tunneling connection cannot work.
- Fixed the issue that when upgrading FW in router, LED doesn’t work as definition in the product specification.
- Added VLAN feature for DHCP, Static, PPPOE
- Added WPS PIN lock (unlock) functions;
- Added QRS mobile for configuring extender mode;
- Added Quick VPN Feature
- Added Auto Reboot functions
- HNAP stack overflow :: DIR-8xx Routers Affected : All Models have Remote Admin Disabled as Default For more detailed information, please visit: http://supportannouncement.us.dlink.com/announcement/publication.aspx?name=SAP10066
- Bug fix in GUI
- Bug fix in Manual MTU setting in Static IP extender mode
- Bug fix in security.
- Bug fix in WPS process in extender mode
- Bug in RU domain code is fixed
- Bug in WPS in extender mode is fixed