This model has been Discontinued by D-Link. Consider upgrading to a different model!
This model advertises speeds of 2166.5 mbps on 5Ghz band. However, they are advertising 1024-QAM (which is 25% faster than 256-QAM), which is not part of 802.11ac specification. Since there are no client devices that support this, we can skip these claims. Realistic speeds are listed below!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 4 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1733.2 mbps
This is classified as a “Top-Performer” and therefore the fastest 802.11ac wifi system.
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from dlink.com
This model hasn’t received updates in over 1 year. Consider upgrading to a different model!
- The firmware version is advanced to v1.21
- The firmware v1.21 must be upgraded from the transitional version of firmware v1.15 (transitional version).
- Update WPA2 security patch (aka KRACK)
- Support VLAN priority
- Upgrade dnsmasq to 2.78
- Improved IOT issue with Mac client
1.21B04 BETA (2018-01-02)¶
- Fixed the guest network always on issue.
- The firmware version is advanced to v120b02
- The firmware v120b02 must be upgraded from the transitional version of firmware v115b02.
- Fixed the following security issues
- Add Firmware Protection to BIN file and System
- WAN && LAN - XSS exploit (CVE-2017-14413, CVE-2017-14414, CVE-2017-14415, CVE-2017-14416)
- WAN - Weak Cloud protocol (CVE-2017-14419, CVE-2017-14420)
- WAN && LAN - Stunnel private keys (CVE-2017-14422)
- WAN && LAN - Nonce brute forcing for DNS configuration (CVE-2017-14423)
- Local - Weak files permission and credentials stored in clear text (CVE-2017-14424, CVE-2017-14425, CVE-2017-14426, CVE-2017-14427, CVE-2017-14428)
- LAN – DoS attack against some daemons (CVE-2017-14430)
- Security fixes to PHP CGI files to mitigate exposing credentials
- Correct stack overflow vulnerability caused by HNAP
- In compliance with new ERP in Jan., 2017
- HNAP stack overflow :: DIR-8xx Routers Affected : All Models have Remote Admin Disabled as Default For more detailed information, please visit: http://supportannouncement.us.dlink.com/announcement/publication.aspx?name=SAP10066
- iQoS support
- VLAN support
- Wi-Fi stability improved
- Fixed WPS-PIN LOCK Error
- Fixed Virtual does not support “other”
- Fixed Gust Zone status error
- Fixed Client information incorrect with iPhone
- Fixed USB3 dongle IOT
- Fixed ASCII support for WPS pin
- Fixed IE11 display IOT issue
- Fixed smart connect does not work in guest zone
- Fixed time format
- Fixed incorrect unit in QoS
- Fixed suspect list (mydlink portal)
- Fixed possible Website Filters not working in some environment.
- Fixed possible display of incorrect USB3.0 LED status
- Fixed the possibility to enable Guest Zone unexpectedly
- Fixed Graphical UI errors
- Corrected Auto Reboot behavior
- Improved Wi-Fi stability
Fixed Security Vulnerability:
- Stack-based buffer overflow exploit - CVE-2016-5681 VU#332115 – Reported by Daniel Romero - NCC Group - Street: Calle Serrano Galvache Number: 56 Building: Abedul Floor: 4th, Madrid, 28033 For additional details please visit: http://supportannouncement.us.dlink.com/announcement/publication.aspx?name=SAP10063
- Support MU-MIMO [BETA Stage].
- Support Wireless Bridge mode.