Since this product is advertised on Norton, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? Yes.
To stay up-to-date, make sure to enable “Automatic Firmware Upgrade” from the dashboard.
See the latest changes from f-secure.com
Excluding “Android changelog”
- The release includes fixes for IPv6 related issue occurring in some routers.
- F-Secure SENSE port forwarding issue in firmware version 126.96.36.199 https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SENSE/F-Secure-SENSE-port-forwarding/ta-p/111663
- No internet connection in SENSE’s guest network after firmware update version 188.8.131.52 https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SENSE/No-internet-connection-in-SENSE/ta-p/111665
- The release improves support for multicast routing and improves communication with the backend systems.
- This release fixes the communication problem between the SENSE router and backend.
- The new release of SENSE firmware version 184.108.40.206 forces a reboot of the SENSE router, updating your SENSE router with changes to the subscription validity period.
- The new release of SENSE firmware version 220.127.116.11 fixes important bugs. The router downloads and installs this automatically.
- SENSE firmware version 18.104.22.168 ensures GDPR compliance and introduces data security improvements, as well as router stability, internal logging and other performance improvements. Various bug fixes are also applied.
- The automatic release of SENSE firmware version 22.214.171.124 now fixes the issue with SENSE router not switching to summer/winter time correctly.
- SENSE firmware version 126.96.36.199 introduces the Guest Network feature that lets you set up a separate guest network for your visitors, separating them from your home network. Make sure that you have the latest iOS (v1.2.2425) or Android (v1.0.858) apps installed to take the Guest Network feature into use. Language support for Finnish, French, Dutch and Japanese languages are also added. Other updates include improved performance for HTTP routing, security improvements as well as bug fixes.
- The SENSE firmware receives a new update (version 188.8.131.52) that incorporates improvements to internal backend systems, fixes connectivity issues when connecting with Ethernet, improves handling of PPTP traffic as well as other various bug fixes.
- The WiFi channel changing feature allows you to change the WiFi channels used by the SENSE router.
- With this new feature, you can now schedule at what time the SENSE router’s firmware is updated. The default schedule is 4AM local time.
- With this feature, SENSE now supports Point-to-Point Protocol Over Ethernet (PPPoE) login, which allows SENSE to be used as a primary router with Internet Service Providers (ISP) that require PPPoE authentication.