Since this product is advertised on Linksys, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 2 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 866.6 mbps
This is classified as a “Low-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? Yes.
To stay up-to-date, make sure to enable “Automatic Firmware Upgrade” from the dashboard.
Download the latest firmware from linksys.com
This model hasn’t received updates in over 1 year. Consider upgrading to a different model!
- Update for compliance of the latest CE requirements (European models)
- Addressed IOActive security issues
- Additional security fixes and enhancements
- Addressed couple security vulnerabilities
- Resolved issue with user not being able to scan documents with HP PhotoSmart all-in-one printer over the home network
- Addressed a security vulnerability
- FCC 15-407 compliance (effective June 2016)
- Resolved issue of lower wireless performance at channel 10~13 (2.4GHz band) for European models when the channel width is set to “20MHz only”.
- Resolved Wi-Fi interoperability issue with 2013 MacBook Pro in 802.11ac mode
- Resolved Wi-Fi connection issue when channel 161 is selected during auto-channel selection
- Initial release