Since this product is advertised on Linksys, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 2 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 866.6 mbps
This is classified as a “Low-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? Yes.
To stay up-to-date, make sure to enable “Automatic Firmware Upgrade” from the dashboard.
Download the latest firmware from linksys.com
- Fixed vulnerabilities found by FortiGuard Labs: FG-VD-18-102, FG-VD-18-103, and FG-VD-18-104
- Output power update for APeA region
- Fixed PPPoE override DHCP issue
- miniDLNA version update
- CE RED update
- Enabled Device Online/Offline Notifications
- Fixed IPv6 incompatibility issue with BT (British Telecom) client
- no guest access in wireless bridge/repeater mode fix
- Exclude all device variables from backup/restore
- Vonage IP access fixed
- Enhance watchdog handling on SMP
- Include the power tables for variant SKU
- Initial Release