Since this product is advertised on Linksys, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? Yes.
To stay up-to-date, make sure to enable “Automatic Firmware Upgrade” from the dashboard.
Download the latest firmware from linksys.com
This model hasn’t received updates in over 2 years. Upgrade to a different model today!
- Resolved an issue of router not being able to establish connection with some PPTP servers
- Addressed couple security concerns on WAN interface
- Compliant with 2015 CE EN300328 and EN301893 standards
- Additional security to protect unauthorized access to router log files
- Integration of BSP 184.108.40.206
- Updated libupnp to v1.6 to address a security vulnerability
- Internet Explorer 11 support
- Fixes issue where inappropriate “Internet Connection is Down” error appears after router reboot or setup
- Translation improvements in several languages
- Guest network is no longer restricted to an x.y.3.z subnet.
- Improved the webUI response time when USB storage is being accessed.
- Improved the 2.4GHz auto-channel selection algorithm.
- Improved performance in bridge mode.
- Improved memory management for the media server.
- Added static DNS support for the guest network.
- Bug fixes in Linksys Smart Wi-Fi setup.
- Initial release