Since this product is advertised on Linksys, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? Yes.
To stay up-to-date, make sure to enable “Automatic Firmware Upgrade” from the dashboard.
Download the latest firmware from linksys.com
This model hasn’t received updates in over 1 year. Consider upgrading to a different model!
- Integrated multiple security fixes
- Fixed DHCP Reservation functionality when the local network configuration is changed
- Integrated an mDNS patch
- The Turkey time zone is moved from GMT+02 to GMT+03
- Added support for IPv6 connections when the prefix is not 64-bit
- Fixed PPTP/L2TP related bugs
- Improved the WAN protocol detection algorithm
- Implemented multiple minor bug fixes
- Firmware now checks for a digital signature on US-based devices
- U-NII-3 transmit power table updated to comply with FCC 15.407 rules
- Added support for VLAN tagging
- Improved multicast throughput
- Improved USB file transfer performance
- Added Wireless Widget to the webUI dashboard for tracking the Wi-Fi radio status
- Improved device discovery for better identification of Apple devices
- Initial release