Since this product is advertised on Linksys, this model is currently being manufactured.
This model advertises speeds of 1624.875 mbps on 5Ghz band. However, they are advertising 1024-QAM (which is 25% faster than 256-QAM), which is not part of 802.11ac specification. Since there are no client devices that support this, we can skip these claims. Realistic speeds are listed below!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? Yes.
To stay up-to-date, make sure to enable “Automatic Firmware Upgrade” from the dashboard.
Download the latest firmware from linksys.com
This model hasn’t received updates in over 1 year. Consider upgrading to a different model!
- Resolved multicast traffic/IPTV issue
- Various additional bug fixes
- Resolved issue with WPS PIN method not working properly when both 5GHz bands are operating
- Resolved system stability issue when Parental Control feature is enabled
- Resolved issue with port 3 and port 4 not immediately renewing clients’ LAN IP addresses when VLAN feature is enabled
- Resolve an interoperability issue, that affects throughput, with iPhone
- Initial release