Since this product is advertised on Linksys, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 4 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1733.2 mbps
This is classified as a “Top-Performer” and therefore the fastest 802.11ac wifi system.
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? ???
Download the latest firmware from linksys.com
This model hasn’t received updates in over 1 year. Consider upgrading to a different model!
- Addressed WPA2 KRACK security issues
- Integrated general bug fixes
- Fixed device cannot show the right IPv6 default gateway on GUI
- Fixed wireless client cannot access ftp server when cluster feature is enabled
- Fixed workgroup bridge link cannot establish over 5G with 11ac only mode and WPA2-AES
- Fixed LED is on while LED lighting is disabled via GUI on salve units.
- Fixed SSL certificate cannot be installed from TFTP server
- Fixed WDS station AP cannot get IPv6 address from root AP where IPv6 server is hosted
- Fixed remote access to AP GUI will generate 401 unauthorized error when internal port translation is set
- Fixed cluster should group up to 16 access points
- Complied to CE RED
- ACL cannot work in 5G if there is no ACL associated to 2.4G.
- To disable MU-MIMO from UI, beamforming parameter has to disable, too.
- Add -AH, -AH SKU
- Initial Release