Since this product is advertised on Linksys, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 4 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1733.2 mbps
This is classified as a “Top-Performer” and therefore the fastest 802.11ac wifi system.
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? Nothing in the manual about this. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from linksys.com
- Miscellaneous fixes to some issues with the Web admin interface
- Fixed the Krack vulnerability issues
- Support Access Point mode
- Add Product Registration feature for the US SKU
- Compliance of the latest CE requirements (RED) for the European SKUs
- Support channels 149~165 in the 5GHz band for the Middle East SKU
- Fixed an issue where RE6700 cannot connect to a Wi-Fi router with MAC Filtering enabled. The correct MAC addresses of RE6700 can now be found in the Status>WLAN Statistics page.
- Add Manual Setup hyperlink in the first browser based setup page.
- Removed auto capitalization from the password fields on smartphones and tablets.
- Main LED will blink amber when the device is ready for setup.
- When the WPS button is pressed, the main LED will blink green to show WPS pairing is in progress. The main LED will turn solid green if the WPS pairing attempt is successful, or blink amber when the attempt fails.
- Transition firmware that supports future digitally signed firmware
Note: Please reset the product to factory default settings after firmware upgrade.
- Fixed an issue where range extender site survey does not show the WiFi networks that operate with WPA TKIP Only wireless security.
- Browser based setup process was revised to allow users to customize the extended network names.
- Added multi-lingual support to the browser based setup process and Web-based administrative interface.
- Wireless Clients Table in the Status>WLAN Statistics page of the Web-based administrative interface was enhanced to show whether a client is connected to the 2.4 or 5 GHz band of the extender.
- Initial Release