Since this product is advertised on Linksys, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 2 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 866.6 mbps
This is classified as a “Low-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? Yes.
To stay up-to-date, make sure to enable “Automatic Firmware Upgrade” from the dashboard.
Download the latest firmware from linksys.com
- Added support for Marvell A385 Rev. B0 chip
- Added support for Winbond, Micron and MXIC flash
- Improved DDR training and calibration
- Reduced firmware image size
- General bug fixes
- Patched WPA2 KRACk vulnerabilities when operating in Wireless Bridge or Wireless Repeater modes
- Updated the wireless driver to drv_126.96.36.199.p11_fw_188.8.131.52
- General bug fixes
- Integrated multiple security fixes
- Fixed an issue where the wrong password was displayed in the Wireless bridge/repeater settings page
- Added DHCP Request messages to the DHCP client log
- Fixed DHCP Reservation functionality when the local network configuration is changed
- Added support for special characters and Chinese characters in the SSID name
- The Turkey time zone is moved from GMT+02 to GMT+03
- Fixed a Parental Controls bug where some devices were not properly blocked
- The ESP protocol is now supported for ingress IPv6 ESP frames
- Added support for IPv6 connections when the prefix is not 64-bit
- Added support for an IPv6 inbound UDP port for XBox
- Updated wireless driver to drv_184.108.40.206.p9_fw_220.127.116.11
- Wi-Fi driver updated to drv_18.104.22.168.p7_fw_22.214.171.124
- General security fixes
- Added a checkbox to opt in for reliability data collection
- Security on .cgi pages are enforced with a login prompt requiring the router password.
- Initial release