Since this product is advertised on Linksys, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? Yes.
To stay up-to-date, make sure to enable “Automatic Firmware Upgrade” from the dashboard.
Download the latest firmware from linksys.com
- Patched WPA2 KRACk vulnerabilities when operating in Wireless Bridge or Wireless Repeater modes
- Updated the wireless driver to drv_126.96.36.199.p11_fw_188.8.131.52
- General bug fixes
- Integrated fixes for security vulnerabilities related to PPPoE discovery, .cgi pages and JNAP requests.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong password was displayed in the Wireless bridge/repeater settings page
- Added DHCP Request messages to the DHCP client log
- Fixed DHCP Reservation functionality when the local network configuration is changed
- Added support for special characters and Chinese characters in the SSID name
- The Turkey time zone is moved from GMT+02 to GMT+03
- Fixed a Parental Controls bug where some devices were not properly blocked
- The ESP protocol is now supported for ingress IPv6 ESP frames
- Added support for IPv6 connections when the prefix is not 64-bit
- Added support for an IPv6 inbound UDP port for XBox
- Integrated WLAN driver drv_184.108.40.206.p9_fw_220.127.116.11
- Integrated security fixes
- Added a checkbox to opt-in for reliability data collection
- Removed passphrase data from the sysinfo page
- Configured auto-recovery feature to be always enabled
- Channels 12 and 13 added to the 2.4GHz channel list for AP
- Updated the 2.4GHz transmit power table for AU
- The Internet LED will now light up when the Activity Lights webUI feature is toggled
- The backup/restore feature will not overwrite device-specific data
- Added support for OpenVPN
- General bug fixes
- Wireless driver updated to ver. 18.104.22.168
- Fixed 2.4GHz connectivity issue on wireless bridge/repeater mode
- Resolved low throughput issues for some 802.11n clients
- Overall throughput has been improved when five or more clients are associated.
- Initial release