This model has been Discontinued by Linksys. Consider upgrading to a different model!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? Nothing in the manual about this. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from linksys.com
1.1.41 (build 183873) (2017-10-06)¶
- Integrated multiple security fixes
1.1.40 (build 176451) (2016-11-09)¶
- Resolved an issue of router not being able to establish connection with some PPTP servers
- Addressed couple security concerns on WAN interface
1.1.40 (build 172250) (2016-05-18)¶
- Firmware for US units is now digitally signed to comply with FCC requirements
- Transmit power table for the U-NII-3 band is now compliant with FCC 15.407 rules.
1.1.40 (build 166281) (2015-05-18)¶
- Compliant with 2015 CE EN300328 and EN301893 standards
- Additional security to protect unauthorized access to router log files
1.1.40 (build 160989) (2014-05-30)¶
- Integration of BSP 188.8.131.52
- Updated libupnp to v1.6 to address a security vulnerability
1.1.40 (build 153731) (2013-10-16)¶
- Internet Explorer 11 support
- Fixes issue where inappropriate “Internet Connection is Down” error appears after router reboot or setup
- Translation improvements in several languages
1.1.38 (Build 149770) (2013-03-20)¶
- Guest network is no longer restricted to an x.y.3.z subnet.
- Improved the webUI response time when USB storage is being accessed.
- Improved the 2.4GHz auto-channel selection algorithm.
- Improved performance in bridge mode.
- Improved memory management for the media server.
- Added static DNS support for the guest network.
- Bug fixes in Linksys Smart Wi-Fi setup.
1.1.34 (Build 148821) (2013-03-01)¶
- Initial release