This model has been Discontinued by Linksys. Consider upgrading to a different model!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? Nothing in the manual about this. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from linksys.com
- Addressed WPA2 KRACK security vulnerability
- Addressed DNSMASQ security vulnerabilities
- Addressed issue of PPPoE mode overriding DHCP mode even PPPoE is detected first
- Various minor bug fixes and enhancements
- Added support for IPv6 addresses that do not use a 64-bit prefix.
- Included DHCP Request messages in the DHCP log
- Defaults to DHCP if both DHCP and PPPoE protocols are detected on the WAN interface
- Improved IPv6 passthrough for IPSec, PPTP and L2TP
- Applied changes required for CE RED compliance
- Enforced authentication on .cgi pages
- Fixed DHCP Reservation functionality if the local network configuration is changed
- Integrated various security fixes
- Integrated various minor bug fixes
- Resolved issue of displaying “bad” in Domain Name field when ISP’s domain name does not strictly follow RFC1035 standard.
- Latest security fixes
- Various minor bug fixes
- Seamless roaming enhancements with the Linksys RE7000 Wi-Fi range extender
- Initial release