- One (1) Orbi Router (RBR20)
Since this product is advertised on Netgear, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 2 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 866.6 mbps
This is classified as a “Low-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from netgear.com
New features and enhancements:
- Support for Orbi Voice
- Orbi Outdoor Satellite support in Europe & Australia
- Stability & performance related bug fixes
- Bug fixes for Ethernet backhaul
- Supports Orbi RBR20 Stand Alone Router
- Fixes issues with the Apple HomeKit connectivity
- Fixes the wireless crash and reboot issue when the router is under stress
- Fixes the WiFi disconnection and IOT issues
- Fixes an issue where devices on the Guest Network are able to see (but not connect to) some devices on the main network
- Fixes an issue where device boot order caused devices connected over Ethernet Backhaul to connect wireless backhaul
- Updates the OpenVPN certificate from MD5 to SHA-256
- Fixes the issue where Orbi app displays a “Router Not Setup” message and requests the user to setup their Orbi router again even though the user already completed the Orbi router installation.
- Fixes issues where Internet access is not available on some devices, but available on others.
- Fixes an issue where Satellites get disconnected from Router
- Protection for the MDNS packet flood issue
- Addresses an issue where websites set to unmanaged are unreachable
- Multiple other connectivity & RF improvement
- The second release for RBR20 and RBS20 with Canada Power table
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for Orbi Outdoor Satellite (RBS50Y).
- Fixes an issue which causes high CPU on Orbi routers.
- Fixes the issue where the attached devices do not display correctly on the Attached Devices page.
- Fixes a WiFi issue if the WiFi password contains special characters,
- Fixes the issue where the satellite sometimes are shown as disconnected on Attached Devices Page.