Since this product is advertised on Tp-link, this model is currently being manufactured.
This model advertises speeds of 1624.875 mbps on 5Ghz band. However, they are advertising 1024-QAM (which is 25% faster than 256-QAM), which is not part of 802.11ac specification. Since there are no client devices that support this, we can skip these claims. Realistic speeds are listed below!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from tp-link.com
- Added SMBv2 support;
- Optimized the bedtime setting when configurate the Parental Control function
- Optimized the UI design and fix some UI errors
- Improved the Time Machine function
- Improved the IPTV performance in IPv6 network
- Improved the Homecare function
- Improved the Router system’s stability
- Fixed the bug that sometimes the virtual server may not work
- Fixed the bug that the router fail to synchronously update the TP-Link Account’s password when it is modified on Tether APP
- Added HomeCare features, including Parental Control, Antivirus and QoS.
- Added Time Machine, Speedtest, IFTTT, Alexa function.
- The first firmware released.