Archer C3150 V2¶
Since this product is advertised on Tp-link, this model is currently being manufactured.
This model advertises speeds of 2166.5 mbps on 5Ghz band. However, they are advertising 1024-QAM (which is 25% faster than 256-QAM), which is not part of 802.11ac specification. Since there are no client devices that support this, we can skip these claims. Realistic speeds are listed below!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 4 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1733.2 mbps
This is classified as a “Top-Performer” and therefore the fastest 802.11ac wifi system.
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from tp-link.com
This model hasn’t received updates in over 1 year. Consider upgrading to a different model!
- Fixed the Remote Management bug working with TP-Link DDNS.
- Fixed the bug that iOS client failed to connect to OpenVPN server.
- Fixed the Multi Language error in Italian.
- Improved IPTV performance.
- Added HomeCare features, including Parental Controls, Antivirus and QoS functions (already deleted the previous Parental Control & Bandwidth Control functions).
- Added Speedtest function.
- Added support to work with IFTTT and Alexa.
- Improved the router’s performance.
- Fixed the bug that TCP port 445 is blocked.
- Fixed the bug that Remote Management function is abnormal.
- Fixed the bug that PPTP VPN clients information doesn’t show up normally.
- Fixed the bug that TP-Link ID wouldn’t be unbound to the router after factory reset.