Since this product is advertised on Tp-link, this model is currently being manufactured.
This model advertises speeds of 2166.5 mbps on 5Ghz band. However, they are advertising 1024-QAM (which is 25% faster than 256-QAM), which is not part of 802.11ac specification. Since there are no client devices that support this, we can skip these claims. Realistic speeds are listed below!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 4 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1733.2 mbps
This is classified as a “Top-Performer” and therefore the fastest 802.11ac wifi system.
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from tp-link.com
- Fixed the SSID disappear problem.
- Modified some translation errors.
- Modify the wireless configuration error.
- Improved the router’s performance.
- Fixed the bug that some clients can’t login the management web UI.
- First firmware released.