Since this product is advertised on Tp-link, this model is currently being manufactured.
This model advertises speeds of 2166.5 mbps on 5Ghz band. However, they are advertising 1024-QAM (which is 25% faster than 256-QAM), which is not part of 802.11ac specification. Since there are no client devices that support this, we can skip these claims. Realistic speeds are listed below!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 4 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1733.2 mbps
This is classified as a “Top-Performer” and therefore the fastest 802.11ac wifi system.
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from tp-link.com
- Added Alexa& IFTTT tutorial pages.
- Improved Wireless Schedule function performance.
- Improved Smart connect performance.
- Improved Daylight saving time function performance.
- Improved the stability of AP mode.
- Improved the router’s performance in IPv6.
- Improved the accuracy of language on the webpage.
- Improved Phone UI performance.
- Fixed the bug that NAT forwarding will fail in some situation.
- Fixed the bug that DHCP Reservation with special characters not working properly.
- Fixed the bug that DHCP renew packet will be block in some filtering rules.
- Initial firmware