Since this product is advertised on Tp-link, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from tp-link.com
- Added Alexa & IFTTT function
- Improved the performance of IPv6
- Improved the AP mode
- Improved the NTP function
- Fixed the bug that sometimes the router fails to recognize the USB disk
- Fixed the bug that the UPNP function might not work when use PPPoE, L2TP or PPTP connection
- Fixed some UI error
- Supported HTTPS Access
- Supported the SMBv2 protocol
- Improved the IPv6 performance
- Improved the IPTV function
- Improved system performance and reliability
- Fixed the WPA2 Security (KRACKs) Vulnerability
- Fixed IPv6 issue with Comcast network
- Fixed some UI errors
- Fixed the bug that some entries for virtual server might not work
- First firmware released.