Since this product is advertised on Tp-link, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 2 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 866.6 mbps
This is classified as a “Low-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
- This Access Point is managed by the “Omada Controller”.
- Omada Controller Changelog
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from tp-link.com
V2_1.1.0 Build 20181122 (2018-12-14)¶
- Add Band Steering/LED Locate/Client rate limit/SSID rate limit Function in Standalone mode.
- The SSID isolation function is promoted to the Guest Network Function. Wireless Clients connected with Guest SSID can’t communicate with each other and the local network.
- Change the HTTP port of Portal authentication page from 80 to 22080 in standalone mode.
- Add More Client Detail Log in standalone mode.
- UI optimization.
- Fixed the bug that HTTPS redirection of Portal authentication page will be inoperative when Omada Controller and Omada EAP belong to different subnet.
- Fixed the bug that HTTPS redirection of Portal authentication page will be inoperative when the IP address of Omada EAP and wireless clients belong to different subnet.
- Fixed the bug that when we change the IP in standalone mode, the portal authentication page may not pop up successfully.
- Fixed the bug that the wireless clients may not be redirected to portal authentication page by surfing HTTPS website if we enable Management VLAN function.
- Fixed the bug that wireless clients connected with 2.4G SSID of EAP may receive broadcast packets from other VLAN.
- Fixed the bug that the rate limit of Portal function may not take effect sometimes.
- Fixed the bug that we may not login to the https web management page of EAP in standalone mode on MacBook.
V2_1.0.0 Build 20180515 (2018-07-24)¶
Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v2.6.x or above.
- First firmware released