Since this product is advertised on Tp-link, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 3 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1299.9 mbps
This is classified as a “Mid-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
- This Access Point is managed by the “Omada Controller”.
- Omada Controller Changelog
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from tp-link.com
V3_2.1.0 Build 20181107 (2018-12-07)¶
- Add Band Steering/LED Locate/Client rate limit/SSID rate limit Function in Standalone mode.
- Fixed the bug that the client list in controller doesn’t update timely when the client roams to a new SSID, which will cause the downlink speed limit function become invalid.