Since this product is advertised on Tp-link, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 1 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 433.3 mbps
This is classified as a “Very-Low-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from tp-link.com
- Optimized the way to access the extender’s web management page via tplinkrepeater.net
- Optimized the Quick Setup function.
- Optimized the scanning process of 2.4GHz & 5GHz wireless.
- Optimized the display of status page
- Improved the wireless connection stability with back-end client.
- Improved the wireless connection stability with front-end AP.
- Improved the system stability.
- Fixed the issue that extender can’t obtain IP address in a few special situations.
- Fixed the connection compatibility issue with a few Sky routers.
- Fixed the wrong display issue on signal lights.
- Optimized the scanning process of 5GHz wireless.
- Improved the connection stability with iOS devices under specific conditions.
- Improved the compatibility with Tether App.
- Fixed the multicast forwarding issue under specific conditions.
- Fixed the connection compatibility issue with specific routers.
- Fixed the compatibility issue with specific browsers when login the interface webpage.
- Fixed the compatibility issue with some old versions of MacBook.
- Fix the WPA2 Security (KRACKs) Vulnerability.
- Optimize the online-detection mechanism.
- Fix the issue that can’t show the wired devices connected to the extender in the status page.