Since this product is advertised on Tp-link, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 1 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 433.3 mbps
This is classified as a “Very-Low-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from tp-link.com
This model hasn’t received updates in over 1 year. Consider upgrading to a different model!
- Fix the WPA2 Security (KRACKs) Vulnerability.
- Optimize the online-detection mechanism.
- Fix the issue that can’t show the wired devices connected to the extender in the status page.
- Disable the “Online Upgrade” function.
- First firmware released.