Since this product is advertised on Tp-link, this model is currently being manufactured.
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 2 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 866.6 mbps
This is classified as a “Low-Performer” 802.11ac wifi system. If higher performance is needed, consider upgrading to a “Top-Performer”. Read: What’s the fastest 802.11ac (wifi5) wifi system possible?
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from tp-link.com
- Optimized the way to access the extender’s web management page via tplinkrepeater.net or www.tplinkrepeater.net
- Improved the wireless connection stability with back-end client.
- Improved the wireless connection stability with front-end AP.
- Improved the system stability.
- Improved the wireless performance.
- Fixed the connection compatibility issue with a few specific routers.
- Improved Online detection method and reduced unnecessary data traffic.
- Fixed the WPA2 Security (KRACKs) Vulnerability.