This model has been Discontinued by TP-Link. Consider upgrading to a different model!
This model advertises speeds of 2166.5 mbps on 5Ghz band. However, they are advertising 1024-QAM (which is 25% faster than 256-QAM), which is not part of 802.11ac specification. Since there are no client devices that support this, we can skip these claims. Realistic speeds are listed below!
Advertised Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Theoretical 802.11ac speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 256-QAM, 400 ns GI):
- 4 spatial streams x 433.3 mbps/stream = 1733.2 mbps
This is classified as a “Top-Performer” and therefore the fastest 802.11ac wifi system.
- WPA2-Personal (128-bit encryption)
- WPA2-Enterprise (128-bit encryption)
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from tp-link.com
This model hasn’t received updates in over 2 years. Upgrade to a different model today!
- Supports MU-MIMO.
- Supports Airtime Fairness.
- Optimized the performance of PPTP/L2TP connection.
- Fixed the bug that the router will keep rebooting when “USB 3.0 Interference Reduction” option is enabled.
- Improved the stability of 2.4GHz wireless network.
- Improved the display and function of Phone UI.
- Improved USB function.
- Wireless Schedule will not take effect.
- Parental Control does not support Blacklist/whitelist on Tether App.
- When IPTV function is enabled, IPTV client will receive multicast data even if it has not join the multicast group.
- WAN connection cannot select PPPoE in Phone UI.
- First firmware released.