Advertised (unrealistic) Speed of 5Ghz band¶
The marketing team is telling us that the wifi system will broadcast on 5Ghz band using the 160Mhz channel.
Theoretical 802.11ax speed on 5Ghz band (using 160Mhz channel, 1024-QAM, 800 ns GI):
- 4 spatial streams x 1201 mbps/stream = 4804 mbps
This is unrealistic, as client devices with 802.11ax chips are required to support 80Mhz (and not 160Mhz) channel on 5Ghz band.
Advertised (realistic) Speed of 5Ghz band¶
Since client devices will only support 80Mhz channel on 5Ghz Band (a requirement of 802.11ax spec), we need to re-calculate the speed.
Theoretical 802.11ax speed on 5Ghz band (using 80Mhz channel, 1024-QAM, 800 ns GI):
- 4 spatial streams x 600 mbps/stream = 2400 mbps
This is realistic.
Does this support automatic firmware updates? To find out. If you have this model, and are running the latest firmware, contact us.
Download the latest firmware from: asus.com
- Improved WiFi stability.
- Fixed feedback mail system.
- Improved AiMesh stability
- Improved wireless stability in DFS channel
- Fixed WAN detection bug.
- Improve WiFi stability.
- Improve AiMesh node performance.
- Minor GUI bug fixes.
- Fixed IPTV related bugs
- Add localized modification
- Initial Release